Thursday 4 July 2013

Coming up roses....


Roses seem to be coming into bloom everywhere now - why not on my cards too?  Sometimes when I have some time to myself I just love to make more paper flowers and save them in boxes for my cards and other projects. I quite often just use up leftover pieces of card and paper ...how much paper does it really take to punch a few petals? Well, I had a look in my "Rose box" and these 3 caught my eye. The colours go so well together and match perfectly with the Tonic Studios Butterflies Beautiful paper pad.


I made the roses with the Rose, Pansy, Camelia and Gardenia Punch and Stamp set and added a couple of matching Multi Detail butterfliesand some smaller Classic Butterflies. The roses are placed on a Trellis Wall die cut with a Branch die cut at the bottom. The gorgeous border is punched with the Delicate lattice border punch and I've used the waste from this along the top and bottom of the card.

The card blank, all the die cuts and punched flowers are made with cardstock from Papermill Direct...
the colours of the card are white, purple grape and raspberry pink.

8 comments:

  1. Ruth these are gorgeous, I,m like you and love making flowers, unfortunately I dont have the Tonic punches but I still manage with some dies. I love it and make them while watching tV. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Ruth, I especially love the white one with pink edges x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty, Ruth, and gorgeous colours!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Ruth love your design and colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous ruth.stunning colours and design and I love your flowers :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Ruth, your roses look stunning and I love the pretty colours
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous hun....and lovely colours too...:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth love your card and your roses are stunning. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth