Sunday 4 December 2011

Christmas Lantern




Hello....would you believe it - it's time for another challenge at Sir Stampalot!!
Thanks to all who joined in last month's challenge, it was great to have the excuse to check out all your lovely cards.
This month the theme is Bingo..is pick any 3 items in a row and use them on your card -

and just look at the fabulous prize which is up for grabs this month!!!!  Someone will be very happy to win this lot!!




The three elements I've chosen are Flowers, Punches and Pearls.....right up my street!
I have made another Christmas card ( knocking them off my list )and have used my new Christmas Lantern digi image from my collection at A Passion for Stamps.
I have coloured it with Promarkers and added lots of Stickles on the glass and love the effect in real life.
I freely admit to getting carried away with my Tonic Studios punches - I've used 5 different ones on this card!

Because the lantern has a Poinsettia on the top I thought I'd make some punched flowers to match (I quite liked this when I made the Christmas roses to match the image on THIS card).

The Poinsettias were made using 2 layers of the Flower Head punch pinched in the middle of the petals and I drew little veins on. I then glued these to part of the Multi Detail Snowflake punch and added a pearl to the centre.
The outside corners of the embossed red card were punched with a Royal Fleur  2 - in- 1 corner punch ; the white card of the image has little leaves from the Flora and Fauna Birdy punch and I've added a couple of
Furled Leaf punches to the sides.

10 comments:

  1. A fabulous card, Ruth! I love those little poinsettias, and your lantern is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rich colours you have used Ruth and the pretty corner elements, but beatifully balanced with the glitter.

    Thank you so much for being a great teami at Stampy.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ruth this really stands out with those beautiful colours and sparkle. I really love your card. Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, this is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth, this is beautiful, I love the effect of the stickles on the lantern. You really know how to make good use of your punches! Loving all your new images too :) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Ruth! Your lantern design is perfect, and the poinsettias are gorgeous. A Christmas card anyone would love to receive.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Ruth...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so stunning ruth.i love the stylish design and your latern and poinsettas are beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image, I love your choice of bingo elements, gorgeous creation.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Ruth, the image is terrific and I love the flowers. Lee x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth