Friday 4 November 2011

Holly and Snowflakes



After I posted the photo of the Poinsettia card yesterday, I got several requests from other crafters asking how I had created the punched effect around the image so I decided to make a similar card and show how I did it.

The image I've used this time is Holly from A Passion for Stamps, coloured with Promarkers and highlighted with Glossy Accents.


1. Cut a square of card/paper to fit as a mat on your card front,then cut a circle 15cm from the centre of this.

2. Insert card /paper into the Mini Holly punch, so that the punch rests on the edge of the circle

3. Line up punch as shown and repeat till the circle is filled.It's as simple as that!!



On this card I've embellished the corners with the inside part of the Tonic Studios Snowflake punch
to which I've added some glitter


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ruth love the punch effect & the touch of sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card on the Do Craft site and so here I am. Your work is beautiful and it is very generous of you to share your talent with others. I hope to try out some of your ideas and link back to your blog if that's ok. Love all the cards you created. Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolutely beautiful Ruth, I love the punched holly so effective:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow super card ruth ... very effective well done and happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you soooo much Ruth for this beautiful tutorial!!

    Jannie
    www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no one Ive come across who can use a punch as effectively as you. This is a beautiful card and a great "How to". Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ruth....this is stunning hun....and love the punch too....

    have a super weekend...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card....your colouring is so lovely and that holly border just looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card. I love the punched effect.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, stunning card ruth.i love your punched frame and gorgeous holly and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful and really effective card Ruth and thanks for sharing how you achieved it.

    Have a relaxing weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! Thanks for the tutorial - brilliant!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruth
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my cards. I have popped in here to have a look at yours as I was not aware of your blog until today. Your cards are all stunning and you are a very talented artist. I will continue to pop in and see what you have added.
    Cheers
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  14. FABULOUS, and appears so simple - when you know how!! Thanks for the tutorial.

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and a great tut.
    Maureen......x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth